This is the ultimate buyer’s guide to the best Winter Running Shoes.
We would recommend using Yaktrax Medium (Shoe Size: W 10.5-12.5/M 9-11), Gray/Red as it is one of the best products currently available in the market.
I hope this guide has given you a better idea of what to look for when buying winter running shoes.
If the time is right, there are some fantastic deals on winter gear and footwear that can help keep your investment in your workout routine from dwindling during these colder months.
With so many options out there, it’s crucial not to overspend or buy something just because it’s cheaper if it doesn’t fit well with your needs.
To get the most bang for your buck, make sure you know what kind of shoe will work best for how often you run and which weather conditions you typically encounter while training outside.
Read Next – Best Non Slip Shoes That Won’t Let You ‘Down’
The best Winter Running Shoes
As the winter season approaches and we prepare for cold, wet weather, it’s essential to find a running shoe that fits your footwell and is designed with comfort in mind.
We recommend looking for shoes with features like waterproofing or insulation, which will help keep you warmer when the temperatures dip below freezing.
If you’re not sure what type of footwear would work best on your feet, contact our team today!
Our experts are ready to answer any questions about new releases or review styles from brands such as Nike®, Adidas®, ASICS®, and more so you can make an informed decision before making your purchase.
Read Next – BomKinta Women’s Hiking Shoes
Yaktrax Medium (Shoe Size: W 10.5-12.5/M 9-11), Gray/Red
1 used from $20.00
- Traction cleats designed by runners specifically to fit over running shoes allowing users to continue training in winter
- Made of combination of replaceable, 3mm carbide-steel spikes and 1.4mm stainless-steel coils to provide unbeatable traction
- Provides 360 degrees of traction on cold surfaces for all-direction stability
- Rubber foot frame with formed-toe and over-foot straps secures the runner’s foot in the device; reflective heel and side straps for safety
- Tested safe from breakage in temperatures as low as -41 degrees F; available in S, M, L, and XL sizes to fit most shoes
Due North Everyday G3 Ice Cleat for Walking and Running on Snow and Ice (1 Pair)
- DESIGN – Due North Everyday G3 ice cleats feature built to improve fit and function with a 360º spike pattern that provides more push and lateral grip
- MATERIAL – Special 100% natural rubber compound stays strong and retains elasticity in subzero temperatures for maximized durability; textured lining helps to prevent movement and slipping of your footwear
- SUPPORT – Extremely easy to put on and take off; molded contoured design ensures comfortable ergonomically superior fit
- TRACTION – Patented Due North Ice Diamond spikes made of military-grade tungsten carbide are integrated into a proprietary rubber tread design for improved traction; spikes are replaceable, each ice cleat has 6 spikes (12 per pair)
- APPLICATION – Designed for running, walking, or working while keeping your safe and secure; ideal for visitors or office personnel who occasionally walk into areas where ice and snow may cause a safety concern
Kahtoola NANOspikes Footwear Traction - Black Medium
- BEST FOR: Road running and walking on sidewalks and city streets in hard-packed snow or icy conditions. NANOspikes footwear traction are designed for safely transitioning between dry and slippery pavement, while providing the high-performance road runners demand to train outdoors all year round.
- SPIKE DESIGN: 10 spikes per foot with embedded tungsten carbide tips grip icy surfaces and are held in place with a lightweight aluminum anchor surrounded by a TPU cleat for maximum traction and shock absorption.
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: Dual Compound TPU offers wear-resistance and flexibility with a soft outer compound which aids in snow release, while a hard inner compound disperses force against the outsole of footwear. Upward-facing traction ensures the traction plates stay in place.
- ELASTOMER HARNESS & REINFORCED EYELETS: Using a patented eyelet design, tough TPU inserts reinforce key stress points, allowing the elastomer harness to be strong yet lightweight. Constructed from a durable TPE for a secure fit that remains stretchy in cold temperatures, down to -22°F (-30°C).
- KAHTOOLA : Est. in 1999 Kahtoola is on a mission to build exceptional products that make the outdoors more accessible and rewarding. Please see sizing chart in product images. 2-year manufacturer warranty. Shoes not included.
Read Next – How to Dress to Train in Low Temperatures