Backpacking in Fitness
Backpacking is a pleasurable but physically strenuous opportunity to escape the routine everyday life and relish the outdoors.
If you want to focus more on the fun of backpacking rather than the effort, it is important to take time for physical preparation beforehand.
Backpacking fitness training ensures that you have the physical endurance and strength you need to get to where you are going, as well as stay safe on the way.
5.11 Tactical Water Repellent Rush Outdoor Trekking Backpack available in Brown - 37 Litres
- Quite simply the best tactical backpack on the market. Features a roomy main storage area, dual zipping side pockets and a stuff-it pocket with integrated draw cord
- Has a reinforced grab-and-go handle, hydration pocket, zippered fleece-lined eyewear pocket and wrap-around MOLLE/SlickStick web platform
- Also has three mesh admin compartments, zippered side water bottle pocket and a hook and loop area for nametape and flag patches
- Made from durable 1050D nylon with a water-repellant coating and has two external compression straps and a contoured yoke shoulder strap system
- 2275 cubic inch / 37 liter total capacity with Twin drainage grommets, self-repairing YKK zippers and glove-friendly pull tabs. READ MORE BELOW
CYYAW Backpack, Men's Backpack Casual Fashion Solid Color Backpack Travel Outdoor Backpack Fitness Sports Oxford Backpack (black)
- 1,Padded laptop sleeve in the main compartment protects your device from bumps and falls.
- 2,Comfortable on the GO：Breathable back cushion tightly fits your shoulder & back.Stable pressing line design keeps shape well, good for ventilation.Lightweight but sturdy padding throughout the back protects your stuff well and makes wearing it totally comfy.
- 3,Side mesh pocket for water bottle and internal key ring.Suitable for hikes, backpacking trips and daily commute to work.
- 4,Water repellent: The material of the backpack is waterproof. The waterproof effect on the surface is like dripping water on the lotus leaf.
- 5,EVERYDAY BACKPACK: A great Rucksack for hiking, camping, traveling; It is also a perfect school bag for men,teens,boys, college students . High Density Canvas Backpack/ Rucksack/ School bag.
COOLcessories Microfiber Quick Dry Cooling Towel: Stay Cool Gym Towels for Neck & Body - Quick Drying Wrap
- EASY COOLERS: Just wet our cloth sports towel with water, wring it out and wave for instant cooling
- VERSATILE: This rag is great for athletes, a workout, camping trips or for relief from hot weather
- UPF PROTECTION: With a UPF 50 rating, the COOLcessories Cool Towel offers maximum sun protection
- DURABLE: Made from super absorbent material, the 12"x40" sweat rag will help keep you cold for years
- COLOR OPTIONS: Our fast drying exercise, fitness and travel towel has great colors for men and women
According to the principle of sport specificity, you get better at a particular activity by practicing that activity.
Therefore, one of the best ways of building fitness for backpacking is to engage in the activity frequently.
For effective backpacking fitness training, you will need to decide on which elements of backpacking you wish to get better at, and then begin simulating those activities.
No matter the intensity and length of the backpacking trip you are on, you can expect to walk for a few miles daily.
Long day-hikes are an ideal way of fine-tuning your footwear and building up your hiking endurance, getting a feel of any problem areas before walking miles away from any remedy. In addition, hiking allows you to identify your abilities and comfort level on irregular terrain.
If there are no hiking trails available, you can use carry out your fitness training in a gym.
The stepmill is perfect for simulating an uphill hike, which is one of the most challenging aspects of backpacking travel. Stair climbers are also popular for simulating the feel of hill-hiking.
Though hiking helps in preparing for the walking part of any backpacking trip, you will also need to prepare your legs to carry the weight of the pack. Weigh yourself with and without the pack on, and then subtract the two figures to find the weight of the pack.
Once you have an estimate of how much gear you can carry on a typical outing, you could either do your climbing or hiking training with a full pack, or invest in a weight vest which weighs as much as your full pack.
Using the weight vest during activities such as hiking or climbing stairs can help your legs get accustomed to the effort of carrying a full pack.
Backpacking is an outdoor recreation where gear is carried in a backpack.This can include food, water, bedding, shelter, clothing, stove, and cooking kit. Weight is necessarily key. Backpacking trips range from one night to weeks or months, sometimes aided by planned resupply points or drops.
Balance and Core Training
Strong abdominal, hip and back muscles help protect you from injuries as you maneuver your pack over, around and under obstacles.
Balance training gives you the agility you require to navigate uneven terrains with minimal risk of falling, twisting an ankle tripping.
The two usually go hand-in-hand since good coordination and core strength is vital for maintaining balance.